Thursday, July 18, 2024

Collection Addition 7-12-24

 It never ceases to amaze me that I find decanters and other items I never knew Michter's had made. Despite several detailed decanter lists I have in my collection, I still occasionally find unlisted variants. This decanter was found by a good friend of mine and fellow Michter's collector. Jordan, by trade, is a professional photographer (https://jordanbushphotography.com/). We met years ago when he was getting interested in whiskey history and started incorporating it into articles he was writing for a magazine. Recently, Jordan contacted me and asked if I had noticed a very odd decanter on EBay. I hadn't, and I was very grateful he had brought it to my attention! It seems Michter's had a penchant for using the ASI Ford truck decanters as somewhat of a promotional/marketing tool. A variant of the green telephone truck has turned up with Jones Motor Freight advertising on the sides (If anyone has one and wants to sell it, I'm your buyer!) and a variant of the white ice cream truck has turned up with Heidelberg car show advertising on the sides. And now this turns up, another white ice cream truck, this time with advertising for Cressona Textile Waste, Inc. on the sides. I'm not sure if Mr. Winstian was an owner or salesperson at Cressona or not. But it doesn't appear to be someone's mock-up or fake. The paper decals are exact in size and cut nicely. They fill the panel perfectly on each side of the truck. And with Cressona being about a 45 minute drive from Michter's, it's more than feasible this was another one of their small production variants.


A big thanks to Jordan for finding this and letting me know! It now resides with the other decanters in the collection!



No comments:

Post a Comment